The Power of Affirmations
“Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it!” Maya Angelou
Our brain responds best to a positive environment with clear, direct communication. Give these directions out loud so that you and your brain get the same message.
- Start by pausing and getting present.
- Connect to your breath by taking a few cleansing inhales & exhales.
- On your inhale, affirm “I am”.
- On your exhale say what is important to you or what you’d like to experience. For example, you could say peace, calm, strong, etc.
- Stay with your breath a few moments longer, allowing your mind and body to resonate with your affirmation.
- Repeat the affirmation on the next inhale with “I am”, and on the exhale “peace”. Repeat as needed.
- Pick a time of day for this practice that works for you: morning, evening, or before you begin work. You may also find it very invigorating in the middle of a stressful time.